HBL Internal Audit Function through a risk-based approach, provides reasonable and objective assurance on the adequacy of design and effectiveness of the systems of internal control in mitigating significant risks and in enhancing the effectiveness of risk management, governance processes and systems in a holistic manner. The end to end coverage of areas include head office, branches, international locations, credit risk cycle, technology risks, Islamic banking areas and bank wide investigations duly supported by dedicated audit digitalization team and monitored by an internal quality assurance mechanism.
HBL internal audit is well positioned to deliver consistent best in class assurance and advisory services to its stakeholders based on the following five pillars:
- Continuous Risk focus: To continuously benchmark ourselves against the dynamic regulatory requirements stakeholder expectations and industry best practices for provision of value added assurance and advisory services.
- Technology: Subject matter IT and digital expertise for robust coverage of core technology and digital areas.
- Agility: Flexible, future looking and continuously evolving in the dynamic landscape.
- Stakeholder management: Continuous engagement with internal and external stakeholders for better insight into emerging risks of the Bank and industry.
- People & Culture: Based on the principles of diversity and open communication we implement ongoing development, progression, fair treatment and performance reward.